The next update to Ghost Game’s Need for Speed reboot, which is called the Showcase update, is arriving next week and it’s adding far more substantial under the hood changes than just more vehicle customization options.
When it hits next week we’ll see the addition of a photo mode that lets you take screenshots as if you’re using a real DSLR. You can change the focus, depth of field, brightness, contrast, saturation and just about any other setting you could think of. After snapping the shot of course you’ll be able to share it easily too.
Also coming is a new Wrap sharing feature, where you’ll be able to share all the unique paint schemes that you’ve created. Ghost Games says that this is one of the most requested features, because there’re a lot of talented artists out there making some interesting creations. So why not let everyone else enjoy in your vision?
They’re also adding in a new competitive mode to the multiplayer, which will match you against other players looking to compete on the same level. It’s optional, of course, so you can always just drive around the so-named “Alldrive” mode instead.
Gas Stations are coming back that can repair your car while out and about, just in case you don’t want to mosey back to the garage just yet. And you can change out your license plate for a customized one with themes from previous Need for Speed games.
Full Patch Notes
- New Feature: Wrap Sharing
- New Feature: Snapshot Pro Mode
- A new “Splash” screen which gives players information on what is included in the new updates from the Living Game
- A new Snapshot overview screen in the Need for Speed Network menu so you can find out more about your snapshots
- Improvements to Kickbacks and likes on snapshots
- 100+ new customization items for a variety of cars
- License plates are back. Apply around 10 different license plates to your car for more in depth customization
- We’ve made more improvements and bug fixes to multiplayer. You can now play with like-minded people, if you want to play competitive then you can now select this option when matchmaking and join a world with people who also want to play competitive.
- 3 new Trophies and achievements
- Drive through a Gas Station and repair your car on-the-fly.
- A variety of tweaks and improvements including AI, player feedback, Gameplay and World
- Fixed a couple of bugs for Eddie’s challenge
- Multiple stability fixes